Friday, May 14, 2010

Making It All Worth It Part 2


Cole loves snowballs. It is the perfect summer treat that is pretty much an after-school standard in the Soup Bowl. For the first 2 years of his life, Cole only requested ice cream flavor or as he calls "yellow ones." At 4 he moved on to "blue ones" which are most often bubble gum in flavor.

Since I was a little girl my favorite has always been chocolate which he will often ask for a bite of here and there but has never ordered one for his very own.


Yesterday after school pick up, we went to our snowball spot and I ordered a "yellow one" for him by request. The lady at the stand told me that they day before he ordered a chocolate one for the first time while visiting with his paw-paw.


I got back in the car and said to him "Cole, a little bird told me that yesterday you got a chocolate snowball...how exciting!" He looked excited back at me and with much expression said...


"Mommy, I didn't know YOU spoke bird!!!!"


Gee, how I adore him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi precious friend. This story is adorable, but I expect nothing less from Cole. Only really special people speak birdie, you know . . .

    ReplyDelete