Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Making It All Worth It


A LOT of mornings in the Soup Bowl our home is filled with tears and frustration. There is too little space in our present second floor accomodations and one little baby girl who is rather obsessed with her big brother and his toys. Cole can't even go the bathroom without his sister trying to open the door... it sure is tough being a big brother!
So we have tears, we have screaming and then we have one mommy feeling like implosion is certain.
But every once in a while there is this tiny glimmer of hope...a kiss, a comment, a moment in time to freeze of a family sharing a moment that is pure and peaceful.
I was so lucky this morning to experience one of those moments as I was drying my hair getting ready for work.
Cole came up to me softly and wrapped his arm around me and said "How is my favorite girl in the world?"
SERIOUSLY?!
As tears came to my face from how sweet the gesture was...it was 7 words that made the rest of it all worth it.
Thank you to my favorite boy in the world.
Love, Mommy


1 comment:

  1. Those tender moments are more precious when they're rare. Enjoy it!! MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete